- Honorable mention for the work “Canais KATP na neurotransmissão glicinérgica do núcleo coclear dorsal” presented on the VI Jornada de Biomedicina da Unifal. Daniela Vanessa F. de Siqueira (Ph.D. student advised by Prof. Dr. Ricardo Leão)
- Honorable mention for the work: “Caracterização do acoplamento das atividades simpática e respiratória na preparação coração-tronco encefálico isolados de camundongos” presented on the XXIV Simpósio Brasileiro de Fisiologia Cardiovascular in Goiânia, January, 2020. Karla Lima Rodrigues (Master’s student advised by Prof. Dr. Benedito H. Machado)
- Álvaro Osório de Almeida 2020 Award, granted during the 55º Congresso Anual da Sociedade Brasileira de Fisiologia, from 4 to 8 October, 2020, to Henrique Jorge Novaes Morgan (Master’s student advised by Prof. Dr. Luiz Carlos C. Navegantes)
- Honorable mention for the work “Maternal vitamin D deficiency induces phenotypic and functional disturbance in skeletal muscles in adult offspring rats” on 1º Congresso de Nutrição e Saúde (Dec/2020). Natany Garcia Reis (Ph.D. student advised by Prof. Dr. Luiz Carlos C. Navegantes)
- Selected in 2020 as one of the 50 women who obtained the highest scores in the area of research in Biological Sciences in Brazil in the Projeto Open Box da Ciência supported by the Instituto Serrapilheria/CNPq. Information available at: http://www.openciencia.com.br/ Dra. Elaine A. Del Bel B. Guimarães
- Reconocimiento a la distinguida trayectoria cientifica ao Prof. Dr. José Antunes Rodrigues concedido pelo Instituto de Investigación Médica Mercedes y Martín Ferreyra – INIMEC em dezembro de 2019 – Córdoba, Argentina.
- Honorable mention for the work “Sexual dimorphism on muscle plasticity and myogenesis in rats offspring from vitamin D deficient mothers”, Reis, N.G., Turatti, J. A., Gonçalves, D. A. P., Silveira, W. A., Lautherbach, N. E. S., Almeida, L. F., de Assis, A. P., Zanon, N. M., HecK, L. C., Coimbra, T. M. C., Kettelhult, I. D. C., Navegantes, L. C. C. presented on the 3rd International Symposium of DOHAD and stress, on November 7 and 8, 2019 in Goiânia-GO. Natany Garcia Reis, Ph.D. student advised by Prof. Dr. Luiz Carlos C. Navegantes.
- Nelson Chaves Award (1906-1982) as the best poster “A deficiência de vitamina D intra-útero provocou desbalanço entre fatores pró e antiangiogênicos em rins de ratos” by Almeida, L. F.; Francescato, H. D. C.; Antunes-Rodrigues, J.; de Paula, F. J. A.; Giovanini Silva, C.; Costa, R.S.; Coimbra, T.M, presented during the III Simpósio Nordestino em Neurociências, Nutrição e Desenvolvimento Humano – NeuroNutri2019, from October, 31st to November 1st, 2019 in Recife-PE. Lucas Ferreira de Almeida, Ph.D. student advised by Prof. Dr. Terezila Machado Coimbra.
- Honorable mention for the work “Maternal vitamin D deficiency selectively affects fiber-II rich skeletal muscle phenotype in adult offspring rats”, by Reis N.G., Gonçalves D.A.P., Silveira W.A., Lautherbach N.E.S., Almeida L.F., Assis A.P., Zanon N.M., Heck L.C., Coimbra T.M., Kettelhult I.C., Navegantes L.C.C., presented during the XXXIV Reunião Anual da FeSBE, on Setember, 09 to 13, 2019 in Campos do Jordão – SP. Natany Garcia Reis, Ph.D. student advised by Prof. Dr. Luiz Carlos Carvalho Navegantes.
- SBEM-FESBE 2019 Award, granted during the XXXIV Reunião Anual da Federação das Sociedades de Biologia Experimental-FESBE, on September, 9 -13, 2019, in Campos do Jordão-SP. Henrique Jorge Novaes Morgan, Master’s student advised by Prof. Dr. Luiz Carlos Carvalho Navegantes.
- Honorable mention for the work “The role of cAMP signaling in the activation of hepatic gluconeogenesis induced by sympathetic innervation in the setting of cold”, by Henrique J. N. Morgan; Heitor B. P. Delfino; Cleide L. A. Silva; Isis C. Kettelhut; Luiz C. C. Navegantes, presented during the XXXIV Reunião Anual da FeSBE, from 09 to 13 September, 2019 in Campos do Jordão – SP. Henrique Jorge Novaes Morgan, master’s student advised by Prof. Dr. Luiz Carlos Carvalho Navegantes.
- First Emeritus Professor Award SBEM-SP 2019, acknowledgement from the Brazilian Society of Endocrinology and Metabolism-SBEM-São Paulo for researchers who have made a significant contribution to SBEM and who have achieved excellence in their academic and professional activity. Granted to Prof. Dr. José Antunes Rodrigues for his actions aimed at training students and research on the Physiology of the endocrine system, as well as for the continuous search for understanding the mechanisms of hormone action, during the 13th COPEM 2019 – São Paulo Congress of Endocrinology and Metabolism, held on May 16 to 18, 2019 in São Paulo – SP.
- Best Free Topics – Basic Areas Award – for the work “STAT3 but not ERK1/2 or STAT5 in VMH neurons is an Essential Mediator against Diet-Induced Obesity in a sex-specific manner” by Gabriel Henrique Marques Gonçalves, Sabrina Mara Tristão, Gislaine de Almeida Pereira, Rafaella E. Volpi, Beatriz de Carvalho Borges, Margaret de Castro, José Antunes-Rodrigues, Lucila Leico Kagohara Elias on the 13th COPEM 2019 – Congresso Paulista de Endocrinologia e Metabologia, from 16 to 18 May, 2019 in São Paulo – SP.
- Bernice Grafstein Award for Outstanding Accomplishments in Mentoring granted by Society for Neurosciences-USA, the world’s largest organization of scientists and health professionals dedicated to understanding the central nervous system during Neuroscience 2018, from 3 to 7 November, 2018 in San Diego, CA – USA. The award Bernice Grafstein Award for Outstanding Accomplishments in Mentoring acknowledges individuals who have dedicated to advising female neuroscientists and facilitating their entry or permanence in the field. Established in 2009, this award is supported by Bernice Grafstein, PhD, who was the first female president of the SfN. Granted to Prof. Dr. Elaine A. Del Bel B. Guimarães, the first woman in South America to receive the award.
- Travel grant to attend Europhysiology 2018 promoted by The Physiological Society, from 14 to 16 September, 2018 in London, UK. Prof. Dr. Elaine A. Del Bel B. Guimarães.
- SBEM AWARD (Sociedade Brasileira de Endocrinologia e Metabolismo) “Role of STAT3 in SF1 neurons of the hypothalamus on energy homeostasis” by Gonçalves GHM, Tristão SM, Volpi RE, Cunha VAS, Borges BC, Donato Jr J, Antunes-Rodrigues J, Elias LLK, presented in the XXXIII Reunião Anual da FESBE, from 02 to 06 September, 2018 in Campos do Jordão – SP. Gabriel Henrique Marques Gonçalves (Scientific Initiation) Advisor: Prof. Dr. Lucila Leico Kagohara Elias.
- Merck Travel grant by Merck Life Science to attend the 11th FENS Forum of Neuroscience, organized by the Federation of European Neuroscience Societies in Berlin, Germany, from 7 to 11 July, 2018. Prof. Dr. Elaine A. Del Bel B. Guimarães.
- Honorable mention for the work “O papel da urocortina 2 na hipertrofia muscular” by Lautherbach N.E.S., Gonçalves D.A.P., Paula-Gomes S., Silveira W.A., Zanon N.M., Pereira M.G., Miyabara E.H., Navegantes L.C.C., Kettelhut I.C.Apresentado, on the 13º Congresso Paulista de Diabetes e Metabolismo, from 24 to 26 May, 2018 in São Pedro – SP. Natalia Lautherbach Ennes da Silva (Ph.D.) Advisor: Prof. Dr. Isis do Carmo Kettelhut.
- Honorable mention for the work “Evaluation of the cardiovascular and respiratory patterns during the sleep-wake cycle of rats previously submitted to chronic intermittent hypoxia” Bazilio, D. S., Bonagamba, L. G. H., Moraes, D. J. A., Machado, B. H, presented on the XXXIII Reunião Anual da Federação das Sociedades de Biologia Experimental (FESBE), from 02 to 06 September, 2018 in Campos de Jordão – SP. Darlan da Silva Bazilio (Master) – Advisor: Prof. Dr. Benedito H. Machado.
- Honorable mention for the work “A hipóxia mantida (HM) não afeta a neurotransmissão GABAérgica espontânea no núcleo do trato solitário (NTS) de ratos” by Lima JCP, Accorsi-Mendonça D, Machado BH, presented on the XXII Simpósio Brasileiro de Fisiologia Cardiovascular, from 21 to 23 February, 2018 in Ribeirão Preto – SP. Júlio César Pascoaloti de Lima (Scientific Initiation) – Advisor: Prof. Dr. Benedito H. Machado
- Speed Data at the 1st SMART Symposium “In vivo overexpression of Urocortin 2 promotes skeletal muscle hypertrophy via Epac/Akt signaling pathways”, by Natalia E.S. Lautherbach; Dawit A.P. Gonçalves; Sílvia Paula-Gomes; Wilian A. Silveira; Neuza M. Zanon; Luiz C.C. Navegantes; Isis C. Kettelhut, presented on the 1st SMART Symposium – Skeletal Muscle Applied Research and Therapy, on October, 27 2017 in São Paulo-SP. Natalia Lautherbach Ennes da Silva (Ph.D.) Advisor: Prof. Dr. Isis do Carmo Kettelhut.
- Best Poster Presentation Award “Implication of KATP channels as mediators of low-glucose sensing in NTS neurons” by Murat CB; Leão RM, presented on the XLII Congress of the Brazilian Biophysical Society (SBBf), from 27 to 29 October, 2017 in Santos – SP. Cahuê de Bernardis Murat (Ph.D.) Advisor: Prof. Dr. Ricardo Mauricio Xavier Leão.
- Outstanding Presentation Award by the American Physiological Society and the American Journal of Physiology “Neuroendocrine regulation of hepatic gluconeogenesis in rodents exposed to low temperatures” Delfino, H.B.P.; Garófalo, M.A.R., Zanon, N.M.; Kettelhut, I.C.; Navegantes, L.C.C. Apresentado no Symposium: Peripheral and Central Regulation of Energy and Fluid Tonicity Homeostasis, from 04 to 06 October, 2017. Heitor Bernardes Pereira Delfino (Master) Advisor: Prof. Dr. Luiz Carlos Carvalho Navegantes.
- SBEM (Sociedade Brasileira de Endocrinologia e Metabolismo) Award for Research Incentive 2017 “Resistência à leptina induzida por exposição repetida à endotoxina está associada a alterações em células microgliais no hipotálamo”, by Silva, H.V.P., Debarba L.K., Antunes-Rodrigues J., Elias L.L.K, presented on the XXXII Reunião Anual da FESBE, from 03 to 06 Sepetember, 2017 in Campos do Jordão – SP. Helen Veida Paraguassu da Silva (Scientific Initiation) Advisor: Prof. Dr. Lucila Leico Kagohara Elias.
- Travel Award “ÁLVARO OZÓRIO DE ALMEIDA (PAOA) – Sociedade Brasileira de Fisiologia (SBFis) “Cold exposure decreases protein synthesis and stimulates autophagy in mice skeletal muscles through a glucocorticoiddependent mechanism via REDD1”, presented on the 38th World Congress of the International Union of Physiological Sciences (IUPS) from 1 to 05 August, 2017 in Rio de Janeiro – RJ. Vinicius Taboni Lisboa (Scientific Initiation) Advisor: Prof. Dr. Luiz Carlos Carvalho Navegantes.
- Travel Award “ÁLVARO OZÓRIO DE ALMEIDA (PAOA) – Sociedade Brasileira de Fisiologia (SBFis) “Effect of physical preconditioning on rat kindey functional disturbances induced by renal ischemia-reperfusion” by Fazan, F. S.; Francescato H.D.C; Almeida L. F; Reis N. G.; Giovanini C.; Ramalho F. S.; Coimbra T. M., presented on the 38th World Congress of the International Union of Physiological Sciences (IUPS), from 1 to 05 August 2017 in Rio de Janeiro – RJ. Frederico Sassoli Fazan (Scientific Initiation) Advisor: Prof. Dr. Terezila Machado Coimbra.
- Travel Award “ÁLVARO OZÓRIO DE ALMEIDA (PAOA) – Sociedade Brasileira de Fisiologia (SBFis) “Contribution of Noradrenergic Neurons of Locus Coeruleus in the Chemosensory Control of Inspiration and Expiration” by Karolyne Silva Magalhães; Pedro Favoretto Spiller; Luciana Barg Kuntze; Melina Pires da Silva; Julian F.R. Paton; Benedito H Machado; Davi J. A. Moraes, presented on the 38th World Congress of the International Union of Physiological Sciences (IUPS), from 1 to 05 August 2017 in Rio de Janeiro – RJ. Karolyne Silva Magalhães (Master) Advisor: Prof. Dr. Davi José de Almeida Moraes.